Thursday, October 23, 2014

Throwback Thursday {Houndstooth Jack-O'-Lantern Wreath}

Throwing it back to Tulsa Time!
Here is our old house decked out for Halloween!
For the past couple of years I've used the same Halloween decorations, ones that were easy to make.
My favorite has been this Houndstooth Jack-O'-Lantern Wreath.
-----------------------------------------------------------------









The pictures above are from 2 years ago...and the pics below are from last year. Can you see a few changes, like the spray painted black urns below? And the change from stacked Cinderella Pumpkins to Mums and Pansies in my urns?



Anyway, this Halloween Jack-O'-Lantern Wreath is one of my favorites, it cost under $25 to make and it took me less than an hour from start to finish.


 I used a straw wreath form, but if I were to make it again, I'd use a lighter weight styro-foam wreath form, which would also hold more of a perfectly round shape. 

Then I cut strips of fabric, in my case, black corduroy and black and white houndstooth corduroy.
I bought 1/4 yard of each and cut into 2 inch strips. Then wrapped the strips around the wreath to sort of 'color block' sections, using hot glue to hold the strips to the wreath form.

Next, I found this little guy on line (HAD TO FIND THE RIGHT JACK-O'LANTERN!), printed him out on card stock, Modge-Podge'd him up and sprinkled glitter all over him. Then, finally, I just hot glued him right onto my wreath.

 I had such a fun time making it. 
And I'm ready to pull it out for the 3rd year of use!!!


What is your favorite Halloween Decoration that you've made?
XXXOOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment