Thursday, July 24, 2014

Commona My Kitchen {Cilantro Ranch Dressing}

This is hands down THE BEST green ranch dressing. I've tried several versions (some were too mayonnaise-y, some were too cilantro-y, some just weren't all that good. I've tweaked them to come up with my own version. Quickly throw all ingredients into your blender, blending until combined. Let sit in a mason jar, covered with the lid or plastic wrap,  in your fridge for a couple of hours (to thicken up). Use within 3 days.


Cilantro Ranch Dressing

1/2 cup buttermilk
juice of 1 lime
3/4 cup sour cream
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Original (dressing mix)
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
small can chopped green chilies
a few shakes (give or take) of Cholula or preferred hot sauce

My favorite use for this dressing is as a sauce for fish tacos.
XXXOOO,

No comments:

Post a Comment