Friday, February 1, 2013

Je t'aime: February Wreath and Printable

It's February...so out comes my February Valentine Wreath and Bunting.
I adore Valentine's Day. I don't really have an ultra feminine style, I'm not typically one to add lace or ruffles or florals to my every day items, but Valentine's sort of screams for it...I feel like I get a pass to be extra girly, schmaltzy, maybe even a little over the top cheesy with glitter and pink, etc.







I had made the book page wreath a few years ago and decided to freshen it up with this little Je t'aime button  or rosette I made for it.  I printed it out, and added a little glitter glue and then instead of gluing it to the wreath, I velcro'd it to the wreath, so that I can make other holiday or seasonal inspired center buttons/rosettes that will be interchangable...just velcro them into place.
I'll share them from time to time, when I come up with them ;)

 How do you say "I love you" in French?
Say je t'aime: j in je is pronounced [zh] like the g in mirage; e is pronounced like
the oo in good; t'aime is pronounced [tem] to rhyme with them. 

Right Click, Save and Print
There are a ton of book page wreath tutorials, lots of different methods and styles, but it is a fun project and looks fabulous!
Beautiful (although it makes me a little sad for the books that had to die..) -->Book page wreath--looks like a giant Dahlia @Kassie Mount act surprised when I give you this at Christmas time! Its perfect for 2 English teaching love birds!
There is a fantastic tutorial here that is the one I roughly followed a couple of years ago to make my wreath.

Folded and glued version

Book page wreath
Rosette Version 

Ruffled and mirrored version
Je'taime.
XXXOOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment